Owner Frequently Asked Questions
Do you charge the tenant a security deposit? What about a pet fee?
Yes. Security deposits are typically equal to one month's rent. Pets are not allowed without owner permission. When pets are allowed, an additional pet rent is required per month per pet. The pet rent is used to offset the costs of additional wear and tear that an animal may cause. Any damage above and beyond the security deposit remains the tenant’s responsibility.
How do you advertise your property?
How do you screen tenants?
We screen tenants using the following methods:
- Nationwide criminal background check
- Eviction history
- Employment/Income verification
- Credit bureau screening
- Rental history verification
In what areas do you manage properties?
We currently manage commercial and residential properties in Farmington and residential properties in Aztec, Flora Vista, Bloomfield and Kirtland.
What services are included when you Lease-Up and/or Full Service Property Manage a property?
Our fee is typically broken down into two fees: a Lease-Up Only fee and our Full-Service Property Management fee.
OUR LEASE-UP ONLY FEE INCLUDES:
- Fill vacancies
- Provide relevant market data on local rents and property values when beneficial
- Ensure that repair and maintenance work be done in a professional and timely manner
- Screen applicants for credit worthiness, rental history & criminal history
- Lease and proper legal document preparation and signing
- Full interior & exterior photos and written inspection reports
- Collection of security deposit and first months rent
FULL SERVICE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
All Lease-Up services plus:
- Collections of all moneys
- Perform regular inspections, as well as move-in/out inspections
- Timely disbursement of funds
- Collection of late rent, if applicable
- Available online rent payments for tenants
- Posting of notices (24 hour, 3 Day, 7 Day, etc.)
For more information about Farmington Property Management, please visit our educational blog.